The stunning beauty of the rugged Maine Coast can be seen firsthand along the miles of rocky coastline along Mt. Desert Island. Guests at StarbirdCrest can easily gain access to shoreline hiking trails near Bar Harbor as well as the unsurpassed beauty of the Park Loop Road in Acadia National Park. The island is roughly 15 miles in diameter with limitless opportunities for nature and cultural exploration.
Sample driving distance:
- Bar Harbor – 5 minutes (or 20 minute walk*)
- Sand Beach – 10 minutes
- Acadia National Park Visitor Center – 20 minutes
- Jordan Pond – 20 minutes
- Thunder Hole – 15 minutes
- Northeast Harbor- 20 minutes
- Swan Island Ferry – 35 minutes
Useful travel planning links:
* StarbirdCrest is located on a hill. Walks into Bar Harbor take approximately 15 minutes into town and 25 minutes on the return depending upon the walker’s physical condition.